Monday, November 21, 2011

Merry Berry Cheese Bars

  So far, my Christmas baking is going well. Two recipes down, a few more to go. Today, I'm going to share a favourite recipe that I've been making all of my married life - 11 years now. 


If you like cheesecake or cranberries, then you'll enjoy these! This recipe originally came from Eagle Brand.

Merry Berry Cheese Bars a.k.a. Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
makes 24-36 bars


crust:
2 cups unsifted flour
1 1/2 cups oats
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened

cream cheese layer:
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice

berry layer:
1 can cranberry sauce (you can use whole berry, but I prefer jellied)
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350°.

1) With mixer, beat flour, oats, 3/4 cup sugar & butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the mixture. Press remaining mixture on bottom of greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

2) With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth, stir in lemon juice. Spread over baked crust.

3) Combine cranberry sauce, corn starch, & 1 Tbsp. brown sugar. Spoon over cheese layer. Top with remaining crumb mixture.

4) Bake 45 minutes or until golden. Cool & cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.

~~~

I hope your family enjoys these as much as we do!

Enjoy your Monday!
Linkin' Up:

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, these look so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fab i shall be wanting to try this when time permits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - these sound soooooo yummy! I should tell my mom to give me the extra cranberry sauce that no one ate at Thanksgiving so I can make these! You should come and enter my Vanilla Bean Paste giveaway! http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/11/vanilla-bean-paste-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy!! I would love to have you link up at my Handmade Christmas party!

    http://cupofdelight.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-party-delightfully-handmade.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cornstarch/Cornfour? the same????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured this today! If you want, you can grab a featured on button from right sidebar.

    http://cupofdelight.blogspot.com/2011/12/delights-of-week-features-from.html

    Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips