Friday, July 12, 2013

Insta-Friday #23, #24, #25


Another week of telling you the stories behind my Instagram photos! Three week's worth, this time! You may want to grab a coffee... ;)

Once our peonies started blooming it rained for days which means we didn't get a whole lot of time to enjoy them. In between the rain showers, I managed to get this shot.


After all the rain, the plants (and the weeds!) were growing profusely! And weeding was a super muddy job!



"A hand sandwich & I'm the cheese!" ~Audrey 

Yes, James had stitches. The life of a plumber. :)


One of our favourite activities is going to the library, & in the summer we have extra time to spend here!


One of my favourite ways to spend a rainy day? Scrapbooking! 
Even better? Scrapbooking with friends!


Crazy skies in the land of living skies. Looking the other direction, it was black clouds with a tinge of yellow. Weird stuff for this area of the world.


For the long weekend, Audrey & I went to visit my in-laws in Airdrie. It was a perfect summer day to travel.


Audrey's BFF, Cuddles, while we're at Auntie's house!


Mom R treated us all to pedicures. So very lovely! It's a dream of mine to own one of those heavenly massage chairs!


Funny conversation with Audrey:
Me: When we get home, you & Dad will go on a Daddy date.
(She's was missing him a lot while we were away.)
Audrey: Oh yay! But not a kissy date, right?
Me: No, not a kissy kind of date. 
Audrey: I'm too young to go on a kissy date!
Me: How old do you think you'll be when you go on your first "kissy date"??
Audrey: I think 29... If I can find boyfriend by then!

I wonder if I'll be able to hold her to that? 


I {heart} poppies.


We got to enjoy some Mennonite comfort food on Canada Day... Rollkucken with corn syrup & watermelon. A delicious summer tradition that my mom-in-law has kept alive.


On the way back home. It's hot. It's a boring drive. Let's stop for ice cream. Okay, let's. Sprinkles make everything more fun, right?


The drive from Calgary to Saskatoon? As I was saying above - straight & boring. With snippets of beauty along the way. The prairies do have their moments.


The Rhonna Designs app come out in the app store last week & I'm sure having fun playing with it!


Oh, the fading peonies... please don't go...


Park Tour 2013 continues! We found a massive park very close to our house, complete with a great spray park. I think I know where we will be spending a lot of our free time.


Happy Meals. Good for more than just filling little tummies.


This past Saturday, we took a little trip to small town, Saskatchewan. James' grandparents were recently moved to a nursing home & their house was being prepared for sale. We went down for the day to pick up some things. Highway 21 W in known as the worst highway in Saskatchewan. We survived though.


While out in the small town, we found a wonderful little antique store just overflowing with goodies!


We've been on the hunt got a new trampoline all spring. We finally found one on sale last week & had the chance to set it up on Sunday afternoon. It's been loads of fun so far!


Watching State Fair is a summer tradition at our house. Sing it with me... "Our state fair is a great state fair, don't miss it, don't even be late!"


Yesterday we spent the morning with friends at the park & pool & I was contemplating how happy I was to have my big sunglasses to make up for the fact that I wasn't wearing any makeup!


The kid's playdates were a huge success & they're itching to have their friends over to play again soon.


Here's to me keeping up with regular Insta-Fridays so these posts aren't so long! 

Thanks for sticking with me! Have a marvellous weekend.

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!





2 comments:

  1. long post? your 3 week post is almost as long as my weekly one! lol. // I love peonies!! They were short lived here too. // I laughed when I saw that happy meal picture in my IG feed. So fun. // Have a great week! xo, ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Audrey's thinking...dating at 29! I'm going to suggest that to my kids. ;)

    I enjoyed all of your pics. That's a beautiful prairie shot you captured. I have yet to drive out west!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips