Monday, September 23, 2013

What's Keeping Me From Blogging


I've had such good intentions in terms of getting back into the blogging swing of things this fall. 

Then I signed up for several fall & Christmas craft fairs... that kind of changed everything!

I've been spending every spare moment on crafting - which is fun, but I haven't been able to put any posts together about any one craft.

So today I'm going to show you all the bits that I've been working on these past few weeks!



I've finished stitching 20 little owl Christmas tree decorations for my craft booth. 

Did you know that a group of owls is called a parliament? True story. I googled it. ;)

You can find the owl tutorial HERE.




I also hunted down (with some help from a friend) these vintage crates to use as display props in my craft booth...

Isn't that vintage apple sign the coolest?



...And made some easy washi tape bunting to cutify my craft booth.




I managed to put up my fall decorations last week. I copied some of the things I did last year & came up with a few fresh ideas too.




Now that the weather is cooler & the kids are back in school, I've been doing a bit of baking - some old favourites. 




I had hoped to get to all these projects as soon as the kids were back in school, but I'm just now getting to the first one! Ahhh!




This weekend, my honey & I sanded down the dresser we bought on Kijiji earlier this summer. We also bought some feet that we're going to add to the bottom. It's almost ready to paint. As soon as it's done it will go in our master bedroom. I can't wait! The dresser we have now is falling apart so the sooner we can get this gem finished up, the better!

So that's what I've been working on in between my regular homemaking duties, driving the kids around, & doing some volunteer work. 

It's been a great September so far! Sorry it's taken me so long to share it with you!


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy Your Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips