Monday, November 18, 2013

Five Days of Handmade Christmas Cards - Day One: Glitter!


Christmas is coming on fast! 

I'm feeling the need to start preparation as of yesterday. What about you?

I know those of you who make handmade Christmas cards have perhaps begun already or maybe are already finished. However, lots of us are still working on it! 

Whichever category you're in, I hope you will come back to be inspired every day this week.

Because....

I have a new series for you:

Five Days of Handmade Christmas Cards!



Like the song, 'The 12 Days of Christmas' I wanted to showcase the use of a specific craft supply with each day's card. 

Here's the rundown:
Monday: Glitter
Tuesday: Cork
Wednesday: Washi Tape
Thursday: Twine
Friday: Felt

So today we begin with

Glitter!



We all know that glitter can be the messiest craft supply out there, but it also packs such a punch to almost any craft project. 

So, wanting to keep the mess to a minimum, I used pre-glittered products to this card: patterned paper & ribbon.

No muss or fuss! It also cut down on the time taken to make the card - that's definitely a plus!




Products used:
Cardstock - Michael's & Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper - Striped glitter - My Mind's Eye, Sheet music - unknown
Gold Shimmer Vellum - unknown
Ribbon - My Mind's Eye
Merry Christmas Rub-on - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Stampin' Up!


Let Christmas preparations begin!!

Make sure you check back every day for even more inspiration. 

See you soon!

~~~~~

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy Your Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips